The Inaugural Parade is scheduled to commence at 2:30 p.m. today (Monday), and is absolutely massive. The giant parade will feature eight official floats, 60 various organizations such as mounted units and cultural groups, and many processions of military units in full dress uniform.
Over 8,800 people – and around 200 animals! – will take place in the parade, which will march down Pennsylvania Avenue following the ceremony. The parade will begin soon after the president finalizes paperwork cementing himself as the legally recognized leader of the United States as well as after he finishes a lavish 3-course luncheon featuring delicacies such as steamed lobster, hickory-grilled bison, and butternut squash purée.
See the route below:
- The parade route is shown by the blue line.
- The area outlined in magenta is restricted to authorized vehicles only.
- The area outlined in red is restricted to pedestrians only ... no vehicles are allowed.
- The areas outlined and filled in grey have no public access allowed.
- The area outlined and filled in orange is for parade ticketed seating only.
- Bike parking for 100s of bikes will be provided at 16th Street NW and I Street NW shown by the yellow dot.
- Capital Bikeshare will set up additional bike stalls at 17th and K Streets NW (Farragut Square) and at 12th Street and Independence Avenue SW (U.S. Department of Agriculture) as shown by the blue dots.
- Public access to the parade route is restricted to the parade entry security checkpoints located at the green dots.
See the complete list of addresses below.
Parade Route Entry Points:
The following public entry points will open at 6:30 a.m. on Monday and will remain open until the parade route can no longer accommodate additional people:
2nd Street NW and C Street NW
John Marshall Park at C Street NW
Indiana Avenue NW between 6th Street NW and 7th Street NW
7th Street NW and D Street NW
10th Street NW and E Street NW
12th Street NW and E Street NW
13th Street NW and E Street NW
14th Street NW and E Street NW
12th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
10th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
7th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
Constitution Avenue NW between 6th Street NW and 7th Street NW