From analysis and opinion to livestreams, here's your guide to all of PolicyMic's coverage of the 2013 State of the Union. It's going to be a fun one.
We started things off this morning with an Open Mic competition on the topic: "What does Obama need to include in his speech to represent the interests of millennials?" PolicyMic pundit Siv Cheruvu has the most mic'd comment of the competition:
Colin Leach weighed-in with the second most mic'd comment:
Tuesday night may be full of speeches, but it's going to be an evening of clashing ideologies.
President Obama gives the official State of the Union address at 9 p.m. EST, which will be followed by rebuttals from Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.). We'll have full coverage from a number of PolicyMic pundits, where you can watch the speech live and follow along with updates and analysis.
Here are a few of the top live blogs from our all-star cast:
1. Rajiv Narayan's Obama State of the Union Speech, Live From the White House.
2. Adam Jutha's Economics Will Dominate Obama's 2013 SOTU.
3. Michael De Los Santos's State of the Union is Obama's Big Chance to Finally Talk Specifics.
4. Alina Tsui's What to Expect in Tonight's Speech.
5. Mark Kogan's D.C. Insider's Guide to SOTU 2013.
We'll have lots of additional coverage in the politics section. Immediately following the speech, PolicyMic will host an Open Mic competition in which you'll be able to weigh in with your instant reactions. We're looking forward to a great night of discussion and debate.