With the Supreme Court ruling on President Obama’s health care law, everyone is wondering what’s next for big government. Here are some ideas for federal policymakers to consider:
1) Federal Broccoli Act of 2013: Eat your broccoli, else pay the IRS $1,000.
2) Federal Recycling Act of 2014: Fill your blue box and put on the curb, else pay the IRS $2,000.
3) Federal Green Car Act of 2015: Make your next car battery powered, else pay the IRS $3,000.
4) Federal Domestic Jobs Act of 2016: Don’t exceed 25 percent foreign content on family consumer purchases, else pay the IRS $4,000.
5) Federal Obesity Act of 2017: Achieve listed BMI on your mandated annual physical, else pay the IRS $5,000.
6) Federal National Service Act of 2018: Serve two years in the military or the local soup kitchen, else pay the IRS $6,000.
7) Federal Housing Efficiency Act of 2019: Don’t exceed 1,000 square feet of living space per person in your household, else pay the IRS $7,000.
8) Federal Population Growth Act of 2020: Don’t exceed two children per couple, else pay the IRS $8,000.
Having trouble understanding all of this Supreme Court Obamacare Mumbo Jumbo? Take a look at out Plain English Answers to 6 Obamacare Question.
A version of this post originally appeared on the Cato Institute's Cato@Liberty blog.