Election 2012 could well be dubbed the "meme" election, as social media has become even more pervasive -- and influential -- than in 2008 when then Senator Obama mastered the use of Facebook and Twitter to woo millions of younger voters and ultimately clinch a historic presidential win.
And now, the advent and popularity of Tumblr blogs, memes, and gifs, are chronicling the 2012 Election with gusto; often blurring the line between raw politics and entertainment with comparisons between presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan and actor Ryan Gosling -- as well as popular athletes fictionally approving (or disapproving) of certain policies.
In that spirit, here are 13 facts about the #RomneyRyan2012 ticket American Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney is not impressed about:
13. Romney decided not to run for re-election as governor of MA, as the crushing defeat almost guaranteed by his low approval ratings would have damaged his presidential prospects.
12. Ryan has opposed federally funded family planning services since he entered politics in 1999 as the U.S. Representative for Wisconsin's 1st congressional district.
11. Critic of Obama's stimulus, Ryan previously supported stimulus to “juice [up] the economy" while President George W. Bush was in office.
10. Romney pretends he is just like the common folk by driving trucks in commercials.
9. They want to repeal Obamacare and, instead of replace it with a new program, they will let the states "figure it out."
8. Republicans and Ryan blocked 19 jobs bills that would have improved the employment picture.
7. Ryan budget plan will give anyone under 55 vouchers to help pay for private insurance.
6. They don't really have an immigration policy.
5. They want to cut Medicare spending but not military spending.
4. Ryan's wife Jenna used to be a corporate lobbyist.
3. Both Romney and Ryan lack foreign policy experience.
2. They support the failed supply-sider's theory of cutting back on the corporate tax rate to spur growth.
1. Ryan likes Rage Against the Machine, even though Rage doesn't like him.