Former vice presidential nominee and Tea Party darling Sarah Palin publicly endorsed GOP frontrunner Donald Trump Tuesday in a fiery, poetry slam-like speech full of analogies, questionable assertions and deliberately politically incorrect language.
The 20-minute speech at an Iowa rally was a field day for the media — but Palin welcomed the attention. "Look back there in the press box," she said after an introduction from Trump. "Heads are spinning. Media heads are spinning. This is going to be so. Much. Fun."
Here are the 10 most questionable moments from Palin's marathon Trump endorsement speech:
1. When she rattled off the groups of people she assumed were in the audience, including "rock 'n' rollers and holy rollers."
We all have a responsibility, looking around at all of you: you hardworking Iowa families, you farm families and teachers and teamsters and cops and cooks, you rock 'n' rollers and holy rollers!
2. When she said Trump's experience in the private sector means he knows how to keep the "main thing" the "main thing" (though it's unclear what exactly the "main thing" is).
Where in the private sector you actually have to balance budgets in order to prioritize, to keep the main thing the main thing. And he knows the main thing. A president is to keep us safe economically and militarily. He knows the main thing, and he knows how to lead the charge.
3. When she said the United States will defeat the Islamic State group by "kick[ing] ISIS ass."
Are you ready for a commander in chief!? You ready for a commander in chief who will let our warriors do their job and go kick ISIS ass?!
4. When she called Trump supporters "right-wingin', bitter-clingin', proud clingers of our guns."
How 'bout the rest of us right-wingin', bitter-clingin', proud clingers of our guns, our God, our religions and our Constitution? Tell us that we're not red enough?
5. When she "doggone" refused to "chill."
Doggone right we're angry, justifiably so! Yes, you know they stomp on our neck and then they tell us 'just chill.' OK just, yeah, just 'relax.' Well, look, um, we are mad and we've been had. They need to get used to it.
6. When she said Trump supporters are going to "drill, baby, drill" instead of chill, baby, chill.
"So no, we're not gonna chill. In fact, it's time to drill, baby, drill down and hold these folks accountable."
7. When she explained why the United States shouldn't be involved with oil-rich Middle Eastern countries.
They're fightin' each other and yelling 'Allahu Akbar' and calling jihad on each other's heads for ever and ever. Like I said before, let them duke it out and let all of us sort it out.
8. When she said Trump isn't elitist.
He's a multibillionaire, not that there's anything wrong with that. But it's amazing — he is not elitist at all.
9. When she said Trump doesn't get high on opium (referring to the acronym OPM).
You know that he doesn't get his power, his high off of opium [OPM] — other people's money.
10. When she called selfie sticks "hopey changey."
One year from tomorrow, former President Barack Obama, he packs up the teleprompters and the selfie sticks and the Greek columns and all that 'hopey changey' stuff.
Dec. 20, 2016, 2:00 p.m. Eastern: This story has been updated.