Each year, the Golden Raspberry Awards hilariously hand out spray-painted trophies (which cost just under five bucks) to the very worst of Hollywood. This year's dishonorable Razzie Awards kick off Saturday night, just before the 88th Academy Awards, otherwise known as #OscarsSoWhite, which air Sunday. Looks like tinsel town is preparing itself for a pretty shameful weekend.
Just like the Oscars, there are some films and actors that clearly have an advantage against other nominees in their categories. Fifty Shades of Grey will almost inevitably win a not-so-coveted award, as the drama-erotica is up for six Golden Raspberries, including worst actor, worst actress, worst director and worst picture. Ouch.
Below are the nominations for every major category in the 36th annual awards show, announced in January on YouTube and voted on by nearly 900 Razzie members, as Mic previously reported. We've placed our best bets on which actor or film will take home the prize in bold. Of course, being terrible is subjective, and it's really anyone's guess which nominees will be leaving the Razzies in smiles or tears.
- Fantastic Four
- Fifty Shades of Grey
- Jupiter Ascending
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
Nobody needed a sequel to this regrettable disaster of a film.
- Andy Fickman, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- Tom Six, Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
- Sam Taylor-Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
- Josh Trank, Fantastic Four
- Andy Wachowski and Lana Wachowski (as The Wachowskis), Jupiter Ascending
The fact Six made audiences sit through a third Human Centipede should be enough for the director to be handed this Golden Raspberry.
- Johnny Depp, Mortdecai
- Jamie Dornan, Fifty Shades of Grey
- Kevin James, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- Adam Sandler, The Cobbler and Pixels
- Channing Tatum, Jupiter Ascending
2015 will forever be remembered by Sandler fans as his most disastrous year in film (yet).
- Katherine Heigl, Home Sweet Hell
- Dakota Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
- Mila Kunis, Jupiter Ascending
- Jennifer Lopez, The Boy Next Door
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Mortdecai
I bet Kunis hasn't even seen Jupiter Ascending. It's probably on her laundry list of movies she wants to see if she ever has the time, but never gets around to it.
Worst Supporting Actor
- Chevy Chase, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Vacation
- Josh Gad, Pixels and The Wedding Ringer
- Kevin James, Pixels
- Jason Lee, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
- Eddie Redmayne, Jupiter Ascending
Pixels was already bad enough, and James certainly didn't bring much to the table.
Worst Supporting Actress
- Kaley Cuoco, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip [Voice Only] and The Wedding Ringer
- Rooney Mara, Pan
- Michelle Monaghan, Pixels
- Julianne Moore, Seventh Son
- Amanda Seyfried, Love the Coopers and Pan
Cuoco should have quit while she was ahead.
- Simon Kinberg, Jeremy Slater and Josh Trank, Fantastic Four
- Kelly Marcel, Fifty Shades of Grey
- Andy and Lana Wachowski, Jupiter Ascending
- Kevin James and Nick Bakay, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- Tim Herlihy and Timothy Dowling, Pixels
The innocent little erotica novel middle-aged women read before bed never needed to become a Hollywood flick.
Worst Rip-Off or Sequel
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
- Fantastic Four
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2
- Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
If you managed to crack a smile at any point throughout the second Hot Tub Time Machine 2, it was likely because you saw a clock and noticed the movie was almost over.
Worst Screen Combo
- All four "Fantastics," Fantastic Four
- Johnny Depp and his glued-on mustache, Mortdecai
- Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
- Kevin James and either his Segway or his glued-on mustache, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- Adam Sandler and any pair of shoes, The Cobbler
Admittedly, all four "Fantastics" make just as good a choice, but Sandler's nomination and pairing with "any pair of shoes" is too hilarious not to win.
The Redeemer Award
- Elizabeth Banks, for directing Pitch Perfect 2 after the Razzie-winning Movie 43
- M. Night Shyamalan, for directing The Visit after a streak of Razzie nominations and wins
- Will Smith, for his role in Concussion after Razzie-winning After Earth
- Sylvester Stallone, for his role in Creed, despite being the "All-Time Razzie Champ."
Here's hoping the Razzie champ makes an appearance at the 2016 Razzies.