Chris Rock brought an arsenal of material to Sunday night's 88th annual Academy Awards. Prior to the 2016 Oscars, which unfurled at Los Angeles' Dolby Theatre, many wondered how Rock would handle the controversial #OscarsSoWhite boycott, which some stars staged this year over the lack of diversity among the award nominees. Yet Rock, who last hosted the Oscars in 2005, was ready to tackle the controversy head-on.
Here are seven of his best lines of the night.
1. "Jada [Pinkett Smith] boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna's panties. I wasn't invited!"
2. "You realized if they nominated hosts, I wouldn't even get this job."
3. "How come only unemployed tell you to quit something? No one with a job tells you to quit. I thought about quitting, I thought about it real hard but then I thought, 'They are going to have the Oscars anyway and the last thing I need is to lose another job to Kevin Hart.'"
4. "This year, the In Memoriam package is just going to be black people who were shot on their way to the movies."
5. "You're not allowed to ask women what they're wearing any more. Everything's not sexism; everything's not racism. They ask the men more because they're all wearing the exact same thing. If George Clooney came in a lime green tux with a swan coming out of his ass they'd say, 'What are you wearing, George?'"
6. "If you want black people every year at the Oscars just have black categories like... best black friend."
7. "Is Hollywood racist? You're damn right. But Hollywood is sorority racist. It's like, 'We like you, Rhonda, but you're not a Kappa.'"
For a full list of who took home a prestigious award, head here. Here's Rock's full opening monologue: