11 Tough-Love Quotes From Celebrities and Pinterest to Get You Through a Breakup
Breakups can feel like the end of the world. But as Drake once eloquently crooned, "when a good thing goes bad it's not the end of the world/ It's just the end of the world that you had with one girl" (or boy). There are plenty of tough-love quotes out there to help you through the harrowing depths of a breakup and to become a freshly single person who has the whole world in their hands and the whole bed to themselves.
Here are 11 tough-love quotes that'll give you a healthy dose of post-breakup reality:
1. "The time will pass anyway. You can either spend it creating the life you want or spend it living the life you don't want. The choice is yours." — Unknown
2. "As my dad said 'Nic, it is what it is, it's not what it should have been, not what it could have been, it is what it is.'" — Nicole Kidman
3. "I was so scared of ever being alone, and I think, conquering that fear, this year, was actually bigger than any other transition that I had, this entire year." — Miley Cyrus to Barbara Walters.
5. "It's better to have nobody than to have someone who is half there or doesn't want to be there." — Angelina Jolie
6. "A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because her trust is not on the branch but on its own wings." —Unknown
7. "When I was going through a bit of a heartbreak a little while ago, I said to a friend, 'Wow, this really hurts!' And he said to me, 'That just shows you what your capacity for loving is.'" — Cameron Diaz to InStyle.
9. "No relationship is ever a waste of your time. If it didn't bring you what you want, it taught you what you don't want." — Unknown
10. "Like wildflowers, you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people never thought you would." — E.V.