During his speech at the 2016 White House Correspondents' Dinner, host Larry Wilmore told the assembled journalists and politicians that no one could know for sure when the United States would see another sitting black president in the Oval Office after Barack Obama's tenure was over.
"They're not even going to let Morgan Freeman be president in movies for a while," Wilmore, host of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore on Comedy Central, said.
Not one to let the opportunity go to waste, Wilmore marked the occasion by toeing the line with his trademark dry, racial humor. Below is just a sampling of the jokes that were sure to have white audience members squirming in their chairs
1. From his very first sentence, audience members should have known what they were in for.
2. ... and then he hit us with the #AllLivesMatter reference
3. He pitted Andrew Jackson against Ben Carson
4. There was no way Hillary Clinton was going to escape unscathed...
5. ...or Bill, for that matter.
6. MSNBC also got dragged, in what was arguably one of the darker jokes of the evening.
7. Wilmore capped off his speech by dropping the N-word on national television
Watch Wilmore's full speech below: