It's safe to say that the Christmas season is in full swing. Hollywood has banked on the holiday season to produce classics like It's A Wonderful Life to the upcoming film Almost Christmas, starring Gabrielle Union and Mo'Nique.
Watching Christmas movies during this time of year is an age-old pastime of getting together with loved ones. Here are 13 famous quotes from some classic holiday flicks.
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
1. "No man is a failure who has friends."
2. "Look, daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings."
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
3. "You see, Mrs. Walker, this is quite an opportunity for me. For the past 50 years or so I've been getting more and more worried about Christmas. Seems we're all so busy trying to beat the other fellow in making things go faster and look shinier and cost less that Christmas and I are sort of getting lost in the shuffle."
4. "Oh, Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind... and that's what's been changing. That's why I'm glad I'm here, maybe I can do something about it."
Home Alone (1990)
5. "This is extremely important. Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back. No toys. Nothing but Peter, Kate, Buzz, Megan, Linnie, and Jeff. And my aunt and my cousins. And if he has time, my Uncle Frank. Okay?"
6. "SANTAAA! Oh my god! Santa, here? I know him."
7. "Looks like a Christmas tree."
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
8. "Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!"
Christmas Vacation (1989)
9. "Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on and we're gonna have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny-fucking-Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."
10. "It's Christmas Eve. It's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we smile a little easier, we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we are the people that we always hoped we would be. It's a miracle."
A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
11. "And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night; and, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them. And the glory of the Lord shone 'round about them. And they were sore afraid and the angel said unto them, 'Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o' great joy, which shall be to all my people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a savior which is Christ, the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you, ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly, there was with the angel, a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men.' That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."
The Polar Express (2004)
12: "At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell but as years past, it felt silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she can no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me. As it does for all that truly believe."
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
13. "It came without ribbons, it came without tags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags. Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas (he thought) means a little bit more."