The world continues to miss Prince, who passed away one year ago on April 21, 2016, at the age of 57. The music icon left behind a tremendous catalog of timeless hits, including "Purple Rain" and "When Doves Cry."
In addition to his own songs, the singer's impact on music carried over to other artists. Over the years, Prince wrote countless songs for other acts including Alicia Keys, TLC and even No Doubt.
In writing and co-writing songs for other artists, Prince helped them score some major hits. He helped Sinead O'Connor snag her only Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 with "Nothing Compares 2 U." "Manic Monday" for the Bangles soared to No. 2 and "I Feel for You" is Chaka Khan's only Top 10 hit, reaching No. 3.
The power of Prince was felt across the whole music industry. Here are nine songs he wrote or co-wrote for other artists:
1. "Manic Monday" by The Bangles
2. "Jungle Love" by Morris Day and the Time
3. "Sugar Walls" by Sheena Easton
4. "How Come You Don't Call Me" by Alicia Keys
5. "I Feel For You" by Chaka Khan
6. "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinead O'Connor
8. "Waiting Room" by No Doubt
9. "Yo Mister" by Patti LaBelle
Mic has ongoing music coverage. Please follow our main music hub here.