The Golden Globes had many fashion highlights throughout the evening. Here are some thoughts on the best and worst dressed:
1) Amy Poehler looked killer and stood out from the crowd in her custom Stella McCartney deep-cut tuxedo. Poehler is looking the best she has in years.
2) Taylor Swift looked tabloid-worthy thin in an eggplant Donna Karan dress. Of course it wouldn't be an award show without awkward moments for the pop-star and this came when Tina Fey joked that T. Swift should hook up with celeb-youngster Sam Fox (son of Michael J. Fox).
3) Sienna Miller looked delightfully sweet in her mod skirt and top combo by UK designer Erdem. The blonde Brit got Diddy's attention when he interrupted her E! red carpet interview to say hello (the two are old friends).
4) Kerry Washington definitely makes a Best Dressed list. She sparkled in a sheer Miu Miu gown. Jennifer Lawrence and Marion Cotillard looked surprisingly similar in their hot red Dior Haute Couture gowns with matching metal belts.
5) Kate Hudson looked beautiful, but her collared dress was more of a look Nicole Kidman would wear (both were in Alexander McQueen). Hudson looks better on the red carpet in lighter looks.
6) Julianne Moore got hooked up with a sexy and sophisticated custom design by Tom Ford. And Olivia Munn added some texture to the carpet with her turquoise bead and stone Giorgio Armani.
Not so hot looks came from Lena Dunham in her plum Zac Posen gown … however, she does look much more pulled together. Lucy Liu's Vera Wang gown should have been left on the set of Marie Antoinette. Best Actress winner Jessica Chastain had so many fans rooting for her and she was a complete let down on the red carpet, it was her night and she should have been in an amazing dress. Chastain wore a robin's egg blue Calvin Klein Collection dress.
All in all, the Golden Globes were entertaining with amazing nominees and well-deserved winners. Now we can all look forward to what Joan Rivers will say tonight on The Fashion Police.