1. Obama Says Goodbye to Freedom and Democracy In the NDAA Bill (Areej Elahi-Siddiqui, @andareejsays) – The NDAA bill is riddled with abstract and ambiguous terms making it easy to detain just about anyone.
[18 Mics, 14 Comments, 121 Shares]
2. Organizing For Action Sends President Down a Dark Path (Sal Bommarito, @SalBommarito) – The goal of the new OFA group is to support Obama’s second-term policies, including curbing gun control and overhauling immigration. There is no precedent for this presidential lobbying power.
[16 Mics, 47 Comments, 65 Shares]
3. Republican Steve Lavin Wants to Give Corporations the Right to Vote (Areej Elahi-Siddiqui, @andareejsays) – If Montana Representative Steve Lavin gets his way, corporations will now have the right to vote.
[12 Mics, 22 Comments, 20 Shares]
4. Arafat Jaradat Dies in Israeli Jail: We Must Hold Israel Responsible (Areej Elahi-Siddiqui, @andareejsays) – The international community needs to investigate cases such as this one to ensure that Israel understands it isn't above the law and cannot go on massively violating human rights.
[8 Mic, 6 Comments, 26 Shares]
5. 23 Gifs That Perfectly Sum Up the 2013 Oscars (Elena Sheppard, @eleneshepp) – Never forget the wonder that was the 85th Annual Academy Awards. J-Law tumbled, 'Argo' won, Seth MacFarlane kidded around, and so many people sang that it was just crazy.
[5 Mics, 0 Comments, 6 Shares]
6. Yahoo Hacked: CEO Marissa Mayer Faces Hacking Incident During First Year On the Job (Jeanne Vickery) – If you're wondering if your Yahoo account was been hacked, wonder no more. It was. This was a global incident for new mom and CEO Marissa Mayer.
[2 Mics, 0 Comments, 0 Shares]
Get a daily summary of news millennials need to read