1. The Sequester Makes Washington Look So Pathetic (John Giokaris, @JohnGiokaris) – The sequester would reduce the growth of federal spending over 10 years from $47.2 trillion to $46.1 trillion. If Washington is panicking over this, is real spending reform even possible anymore?
[23 Mics, 29 Comments, 175 Shares]
2. Millennials Prefer Head Lice to Congress, Study Finds (James Wolfensberger) – Just 22% of millennials view Congress favorably, preferring head lice and a host of other awful things to the legislature.
[20 Mics, 13 Comments, 33 Shares]
3. 75 Republicans Vote to Take Down Prop 8 – Is the GOP Finally Ditching Homophobia? (Roy Klabin, @RoyKlabin) – 75 prominent Republicans, including Jon Huntsman, signed a brief supporting an overturn of Prop 8. Does this mean the GOP is finally changing?
[18 Mics, 27 Comments, 10 Shares]
4. Rap Raised Me (Osman Noor, @OzzyForMayor) – Rap has drawn criticism from its fair share of critics, but it has also served to inspire a generation of youth. This is what rap means to me.
[13 Mics 10 Comments 2 Shares]
5. Why Every Millennial in America Should Care About the Sequester (Nick Troiano, @NickTroiano) – Millennials are about to get hit hard – very hard – when across-the-board cuts in the budget sequester take effect on Friday.
[2 Mics, 0 Comments 12 Shares]