1. The world’s largest study on genetic disorders finds the same genetic basis for five major psychiatric illnesses (New York Times).
2. Never, in the half-century since it won independence, has Africa been in such good shape (The Economist).
3. Can 21-year-old cycling star Joe Dombrowski rid cyling of the stigma of Lance Armstrong? (Washington Post).
4. Where House of Cards gets it wrong: Women journalists in DC aren’t forced to prostitute themselves for scoops. (New Republic)
5. You’d never believe how your opinion of sushi is related to gay marriage (Atlantic Wire).
6. Dennis Rodman to North Korean dictator: “You have a friend for life” (Daily mail).
7. The story of Beijing’s pollution problem, in one photo (Atlantic Wire).
8. An Oakland rapper threatens to sue Pope Emeritus.