1. 4 Top Colleges Just As Great As the Ivy League Schools (Justin Douglas, @JMikeDoug) – Though your parents and loved ones may only want you to go to an Ivy League school, there are many other great schools to consider. Here are a few of them.
[17 Mics, 22 Comments, 25723 Shares]
2. Obama Has Failed to Live Up to Promises On Marijuana Decriminalization (Matthew Rozsa) – In 2004, then-Senator Obama said "we need to rethink and decriminalize our marijuana laws." Nearly a decade later, the president has failed to live up to this statement.
[13 Mics, 23 Comments, 305 Shares]
3. 3 Major Supreme Court Cases That Protected American Civil Liberties (Jack Lee, @_jack_lee) – Here are some important Supreme Court cases concerning our civil liberties, in which the Court ruled in favor of the rights of individuals over government restrictions.
[10 Mics, 9 Comments, 7 Shares]
SCOTUS rules on another civil rights case later this month, DOMA.
4. Chavez Leaves Behind a Legacy of Vicious Anti-Semitism Against the Jews of Venezuela (Matthew Rozsa) – Much has been made of Hugo Chavez’s legacy following the leader’s death, but few are discussing his track record of atrocious anti-Semitism.
[8 Mics, 11 Comments, 46 Shares]
5. How Every Young American Can Have An Impact On the War On Terror (Heather Beaven, @electbeaven) – On the battlefield or in the halls of Congress, it's time for every young American to enlist in the war on terror.
[6 Mics, 4 Comments, 13 Shares]