The art of dunking has evolved over the years, but one thing remains the same: its purpose.
In other words, if you're not dunking to completely mortify, humiliate, or brutalize your opponent, then why are you dunking?
The NBA is ground zero for these epic posterizations. Here are the league's top five so far, 2012-13 style:
1. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist on Greg Monroe:
2. Kobe Bryant on Josh Smith:
3. Jeff Green on Al Jefferson:
4. Demar Derozan on Timofey Mozgov:
5. DeAndre Jordan on Brandon Knight: