1. Rand Paul is the New Force to Be Reckoned With in DC (Ruby Lee, @1776lostgarden) – Last Wednesday may be one for the history books. While the president played nice with select GOP senators, the rug was ripped out from under them by a freshman senator from Kentucky.
[25 Mics, 29 Comments, 3 Shares]
2. How Republicans Can Win Back Millennial Voters and Succeed In 2014 and Beyond(Matthew Swift, @MatthewASwift) – To win the future, the GOP must embrace the ensuing war within the party and foster healthy debate on key issues. We cannot remain in a state of denial.
[22 Mics, 176 Comments, 100 Shares]
3. Millennials Will Help Turn a Broken Newark Around (Rashawn Davis, @Davis4West2014) – From gun violence to unemployment, the problems that Newark faces are the same problems faced by its young residents, but no local politicians are under the age of 37. Until now.
[12 Mics, 0 Comments, 0 Shares]
4. PolicyMic Mixtape: 12 New Tracks You Can't Miss This Week (Juan Camero, @jdcamero21) – We've included two "Gangnam Style" remixes, and that's enough reason to listen to all of these songs.
[10 Mics, 0 Comments, 18 Shares]
5. 5 Under-the-Radar Places American Troops Are Stationed (Eli Sugarman, @EliSugarman) – Most Americans know that the U.S. military is winding down its presence in Afghanistan, but here are a few places you may have forgotten still have armed forces.
[3 Mics, 3 Comments, 14 Shares]
Get a daily summary of news millennials need to read