Today is LEAP DAY. A day more rare than Christmas, Arbor Day, and the Winter Olympics combined. Up is down, left is right, and we can all get away with anything, because today never really happened.
There are no consequences, no rules, no accountability. It's like being a cast member on The Real Housewives of (insert city here). This special day is brimming with possibilities.
So in honor of this 366th day of the year (which I like to use for bonus black rage) here are six ways to celebrate your leap day:
6. Let your woman propose: According folklore, women are allowed to propose only on leap day. If you don't want to go to all the trouble of lifetime commitment you could just sit down and watch the 2010 Amy Adams bomb.
5.Take out a one year loan: It's leap day kids, your loan won't be due till 2016, and we all know the world is ending in December anyway. FREE MONEY!
4. Make today your official anniversary: This guarantees you only get screamed at for forgetting it once every four years.
3. Celebrate the awesome symmetry of the Olympics taking place on Leap Years: I mean, its giant leaping competition during the LEAP year. Awesome.
2. Try something you never tried before: Take a leap of faith. Come on, that one was obvious.
1. Use the extra Black History Month power to put a brotha in the White House: It worked in 2008 ...
Photo Credit: Charles Williams