The young girl who was shot in the face by the Taliban gave her first speech at the United Nations on the day of her 16th birthday on Friday morning. If you missed it, here are the highlights. You can also view the full speech below.
1. "We realize the importance of our voice when we are silenced."
2. "I raise up my voice – not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard."
3. "The wise saying, 'The pen is mightier than sword' was true."
4. "One child, one teacher, one pen and one book can change the world."
5. "We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back."