The countdown is done. Saturday Night Live's 39th season premieres Saturday night, with host Tina Fey and musical guest Arcade Fire. In this short promotional video, Fey has another "wardrobe malfunction" in which she "accidentally" forgot her shirt and "slipped a nip."
Last season, Bill Hader, Jason Sudeikis, and Fred Armisen announced that they were leaving the cast. Although he got the Late Show chair, Seth Meyerswon't be leaving right away. He will be hosting the "Weekend Update" with co-anchor Cecily Strong, or the girl you wish you hadn't started a conversation with at a party.
As for Fey — here are some of the best quotes from her book, Bossypants.
1. “Do your thing and don't care if they like it.”
2. “If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is: who cares?”
3. “Whitney Houston’s cover of 'I Will Always Love You' was constantly on my FM Walkman radio around that time. I think that made me cry because I associated it with absolutely no one.”
4. “Whatever the problem, be part of the solution. Don’t just sit around raising questions and pointing out obstacles.”
5. “It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don’t like something, it is empirically not good. I don’t like Chinese food, but I don’t write articles trying to prove it doesn’t exist.”
How likely are you to make Mic your go-to news source?