This position has been filled.
PolicyMic is looking for a voracious news-consumer with attitude and a deep knowledge of U.S. politics and history to serve as a paid writing Fellow in our New York office. You'll work with the Breaking News team to produce smart and engaging content on the trending news of the day in a style that speaks to millennials. The Fellowship lasts eight weeks, and has the potential to turn into a permanent full-time position.
PolicyMic is the fastest growing news site for millennials, featuring 8 million+ unique monthly readers and over 2,000 pundits across the world. We’re changing online media, and we’re looking for passionate, hard-working people to join us.
- Write three to five articles per day
- Identify and research trending topics
- Be a unique voice for the section
- Bachelor's degree in Government, Political Science, History, or related field
- Intense interest in, and extensive knowledge of U.S. politics and history
- Creative thinking
- News-writing experience
- Sense of humor (preferably of the cynical variety)
- Ability to quickly analyze a news event and place it within its proper context
- Social media skills and outreach
- Experience writing for a news website
How to Apply:
Email Michael Luciano – mluciano (at) policymic (dot) com – with:
- Cover-letter & Resume
- Writing sample on a current event (~400 words)
- List of where you get your daily news
- One paragraph identifying who or what is the stupidest person/thing in Washington and why — the bolder the better