We're still a month away from the release of the first film in the Harry Potter spinoff series Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. But the flood of trailers, featurettes and the announcement that we're getting five films in the series (ugh) that have started rolling out can only provide part of the picture. To match the success of Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts needs a moving soundtrack that captures the essence of J.K. Rowling's expansive Wizarding World.
Harry Potter site Pottermore unveiled the film's main theme Oct. 7, helmed by Emmy- and Grammy-winning composer James Newton Howard — whose previous work includes The Hunger Games franchise and Maleficent. Now, details for the entire soundtrack from Newton Howard and WaterTower Music are available ahead of its release on Nov. 18 (the same day as the film). The standard edition of the soundtrack features 17 tracks and 72-plus minutes of original music from the composer, according to a press release.
Newton Howard noted the film required an expansive soundtrack to convey its emotional and thematic range.
"The scope of the movie — emotionally, visually, in every way — is very broad," Newton Howard said in a statement. "There are funny moments, magical, beautiful moments, and there are some dark and scary moments. The music helps tell the story."
Check out the track list, as well as the bonus tracks, for Fantastic Beasts below:
1. Main Titles — Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
2. There Are Witches Among Us / The Bank / The Niffler
3. Tina Takes Newt In / Macusa Headquarters
4. Pie or Strudel / Escaping Queenie and Tina's Place
5. Credence Hands Out Leaflets
6. Inside the Case
7. The Erumpent
8. In the Cells
9. Tina and Newt Trial / Let's Get the Good Stuff Out / You're One of Us Now / Swooping Evil
10. Gnarlak Negotiations
11. The Demiguise and the Occamy
12. A Close Friend
13. The Obscurus / Rooftop Chase
14. He's Listening to You Tina
15. Relieve Him of His Wand / Newt Releases the Thunderbird / Jacob's Farewell
16. Newt Says Goodbye to Tina / Jacob's Bakery
17. End Titles — Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Deluxe — bonus, disc two:
1. A Man and His Beasts
2. Soup and Leaflets
4. The Demiguise and the Lollipop
5. I'm Not Your Ma
6. Blind Pig (performed by Emmi)
7. Newt Talks to Credence
8. End Titles Pt. 2 — Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
9. Kowalski Rag