Hillary Clinton has once again been criticized for not looking cheerful enough — this time by Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus.
Responding to NBC's much-maligned Commander-in-Chief Forum on Wednesday, where Clinton and fellow presidential candidate Donald Trump took turns speaking about foreign policy, Priebus took it upon himself to tweet a complaint that Clinton wasn't smiling enough.
Shortly after, Priebus tweeted that Clinton "is the wrong choice for Commander in Chief."
Complaining that Clinton doesn't smile enough is a tired, sexist trope. In fact, Clinton herself clapped back at Priebus by pointing out that someone who is running for the highest office in the land might not have a smile constantly plastered to their face.
As Jessica Valenti wrote in a piece for the Guardianin March, "Of all the things women hear from men — whether street harassers or pundits — there is special disdain for 'smile' because of its particular condescension, and the tired trope that women should be forever chipper even as they're walking down the street or, you know, running for president of the United States."
But that hasn't stopped GOP party officials and pundits alike from lobbing the played-out double standard at Clinton.
Well, if smiling is part of what determines whether or not a candidate is fit to be commander-in-chief, here is Priebus' party's own nominee sporting — as Priebus put it — "no smile" and looking "uncomfortable."
1. Here's Donald Trump not smiling at an event on the same day as the NBC forum.
2. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while in front of a crowd in Philadelphia.
3. Here's Donald Trump not smiling during a rally in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
4. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while speaking about immigration at a rally in Phoenix.
5. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while speaking with reporters on his campaign plane.
6. Here's Donald Trump partially obscured, but still not smiling, at an event in Jackson, Missouri.
7. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while meeting with African-American community leaders in Philadelphia.
8. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while greeting a supporter during a rally in Austin, Texas.
9. Here's Donald Trump not smiling as he leaves the stage during a rally in Charlotte, North Carolina.
10. Here's Donald Trump not smiling during a joint statement with Mexico President Enrique Peña Nieto in Mexico City.
11. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while speaking at a fundraiser at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines, Iowa.
12. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while signing an autograph in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
13. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while holding a baby in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
14. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while holding a pork chop on a stick at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines, Iowa.
15. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while accepting his party's nomination at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
16. Here's Donald Trump not smiling while listening to his son Donald Trump Jr. speak at a rally in St. Clairsville, Ohio.
17. Here's Donald Trump not smiling during a Republican primary debate in Detroit.
And, just for good measure, here's Donald Trump smiling.
Trump attacked Sen. Al Franken, but the president has his own history of alleged sexual misconduct