Those awkward, 10-second long tiebreaking rounds in competitive Overwatch matches should officially be a thing of the past, thanks to the newest patch — version 2.11 — that hit PC, PS4 and Xbox One on Thursday.
The newest update also introduced a number of bug fixes and relatively minor updates. Most importantly, it fixed a bug "causing Soldier: 76's cape to clip during the Push-Ups emote when his Strike Commander Morrison, Daredevil: 76, or Stunt Rider: 76 skin was equipped." Thank goodness.
We've got the full patch notes for Overwatch update 2.11 embedded below.
Overwatch version 2.11 patch notes
• On Assault and Assault/Escort Maps, teams now need to capture at least 33% of the objective before the tie-breaking system is activated
Developer Comments: When the new tie-breaking system was implemented on April 11, 2017, teams only needed to capture 1% to trigger the system. This occasionally resulted in confusing situations when games would end without a lot of information about how the point was captured, due to the brief capture time. To alleviate this problem, we're requiring that teams progress past 33% before the tie-breaking system begins tracking progress. If neither team manages to cross 33%, the match will end in a draw.
• Fixed a crash that could occur during the end-of-round screen
• Fixed a bug that prevented the payload from showing damage until after the escort phase in the Overwatch Uprising brawl
• Fixed a bug that allowed players to get under the payload using certain heroes' movement abilities in the Overwatch Uprising brawl
• [PC] Fixed a bug that caused the payload's health bar to interfere with the scoreboard, forcing players to hold down the spacebar to view the scoreboard in the Overwatch Uprising brawl
• Fixed a bug that caused Genji's "You've rescued me again, Dr. Ziegler" voice line to play after being resurrected in the Overwatch Uprising brawl, regardless of which hero performed the resurrection
• Fixed an issue causing the chat window to block the 'refresh' button when the Overwatch Uprising leaderboards were open
• [PS4] The "Handle With Care" Achievement now correctly states the payload must remain above 80% health
• [PS4/XB1] The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks stats from Sombra's Hack
• [PS4/XB1] The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks Ana's healing stats
Custom Games and Game Browser
• Fixed a bug that prevented the 'Start Game Mode' button from appearing when creating a Capture the Flag or Elimination game
• Fixed a bug that gave Genji's Dragonblade ability a slightly increased swing speed while at a higher latency. Dragonblade's default swing speed has been slightly increased to compensate
• Fixed a bug that prevented Genji's Dragonblade ability from registering hits correctly
• Fixed a bug to prevent hit effects from being inflicted on D.Va's human form while piloting the mech
• [PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug causing D.Va's hair to appear inflexible during her Selfie highlight intro when her Palanquin skin was equipped
• [PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug causing the ice on Pharah's Frostbite skin to stretch when her Flair emote was activated
• [PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug causing textures to flicker during Roadhog's Feast highlight intro
• [PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug causing Soldier: 76's cape to clip during the Push-Ups emote when his Strike Commander Morrison, Daredevil: 76, or Stunt Rider: 76 skin was equipped
• Fixed a bug causing glass that has been shattered by an explosion to be colored black
More Overwatch news and updates
For more on Overwatch, check out the rest of what Mic has to offer. Here is our Project Runway-style judging of every new Uprising skin, an unintentionally hilarious infographic showing the most popular Overwatch characters in each state, our definitive ranking of every Overwatch hero and a giant Overwatch FAQ for beginners.